[Lxc-users] What is the latest status for Nested Containers in Ubuntu 12.10 and 13.04

brian mullan bmullan.mail at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 03:03:55 UTC 2013

Found my answer indirectly.

Thinking back to the lxc-webpanel application I mentioned on the list a few
days ago (http://lxc-webpanel.github.io/index.html)

I installed lxc-webpanel in the "parent-container".

Once installed from my HOST computer's desktop web browser I could access
the lxc-webpanel running in the "parent-container" using the
parent-container address of 10.0.3.103.

      http://10.0.3.103:5000

Using the LX Web Panel I could then easily create, start, stop etc more
"child-containers"... in my case I wanted to test out OpenQRM's use of LXC
virtualization.

All 3 of the openqrm-xxx containers are "child-containers" of a
"parent-container" called "openqrm" (not shown) where the lxc-webpanel is
running with openqrm itself.

So I guess the answer to my question is that once you make the changes and
configure the 1st "nested" container... you can just keep creating more.

In my use-case this should work out great in that I can test openqrm and
its ability to create/manage VM's ... which all reside in LXC containers...
cool beans.

thanks again Stephane.

[image: Inline image 3]