[Lxc-users] Cloning container over network

brian mullan bmullan.mail at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 13:29:58 UTC 2013

Robin...

Not sure if I understand your question totally but you might want to take a
look at Crate by
Evan Hazlett.

Per the site:   https://github.com/ehazlett/crate
Crate

Linux container management. Crate uses Fabric <http://cratefile.org/> to
manage remote hosts. Currently tested on Ubuntu 12.04. Similar to the
spectacular http://docker.io but written in Python and intended for remote
hosts.
Fabric is a great & easy to use tool in itself that is written in Python...
but Evan has adapted it for use with LXC containers.

One of his *examples* is for Cloning a container to a Remote host.
 (remember its just an example but should work with any remote system).

crate -H 10.10.10.130 -u vagrant -i ~/.vagrant.d/insecure_private_key
clone --name testing2 --source testing

Tweaking configuration
Copying rootfs...
Updating rootfs...