[Lxc-users] Cloning container over network

David Parks davidparks21 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 17 12:18:59 UTC 2013

Personally I just tar them up and move them following this process:

1) Pack them up - don't forget -numeric-owner so the file permissions carry
across properly

        tar --numeric-owner -c -v -z -f Base-GoldStandard.tar.gz
Base-GoldStandard/

2) Unpack them

        tar -xvf Base-GoldStandard.tar.gz

3) Edit config and fstab files to adjust paths as necessary

4) Update network configurations as needed