[Lxc-users] Running an NFS server within LXC

Papp Tamas tompos at martos.bme.hu
Mon Apr 15 10:45:21 UTC 2013

On 04/15/2013 12:34 PM, David Parks wrote:

> It's really a no-go on LXC huh? That's too bad. Glusterfs seems like
> overkill, I just want a remote mount for a small, but critical, backup
> process. But it must be mounted, I'd rather not clutter up the host OS, as
> the whole point of LXC was to keep configuration specific to various
> application-components segregated in their own containers.

Yes, because the current "official" nfs linux implementation is kernel based. Userspace alternatives
can be used. One is unfs3 (or something like that), but it didn't work for me last time I tested.
Another one is glusterfs, it works great. It's overkill, but actually it's not so complicated as it
looks for the first check. From this aspect it's an nfs server, that has other capabilities.

tamas