[Lxc-users] Running an NFS server within LXC

David Parks davidparks21 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 15 10:17:55 UTC 2013

Could this be an LXC specific issue? I'm trying to run an NFS server within
a container.

davidparks21 at hadoop-fsimage-bkup1:~$ sudo service nfs-kernel-server restart

* Stopping NFS kernel daemon

   ...done.

* Unexporting directories for NFS kernel daemon...

   ...done.

FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/3.5.0-27-generic/modules.dep: No such
file or directory

* Not starting NFS kernel daemon: no support in current kernel.

This is an ubuntu 12.10 container (built from Ubuntu cloud server images) in
a vanilla 12.10 host installed from CD.

I'm having a lot of troubles tracking down a solution on google and am
wondering if this is LXC-related. I've tried enabling this option in LXC:

lxc.aa_profile = unconfined

Or is this somehow related to my host installation? I am trying to avoid
*any* unnecessary configuration in the host, so I haven't tried installing
NFS server to the host OS.

Dave