[Lxc-users] Need simple configuration for embedded ARM LXC

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 15 01:26:45 UTC 2013

Quoting Somnath Mitra (somnath.mitra at xockets.com):
> On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 6:53 AM, Serge Hallyn <serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com>wrote:
>
> > Quoting Somnath Mitra (somnath.mitra at xockets.com):
> >
>  > Since the container rootfs is shared with host I am confused why it
> > cannot
> > > find lxc-init?
> >
> > Sounds like a compilation/packaging problem.  It works for me
> > here, with ubuntu raring:
> >
> > cat > lxc.conf << EOF
> > cat > lxc.conf << EOF
> > lxc.utsname = beta
> > lxc.network.type = empty
> > lxc.rootfs = /
> > lxc.aa_profile = unconfined
> > EOF
> > lxc.utsname = beta
> > lxc.network.type = empty
> > lxc.rootfs = /
> > lxc.aa_profile = unconfined
> > EOF
> >
> > sudo lxc-execute -n foobar -f lxc.conf -l info -o outout -- ps -ef
> > UID        PID  PPID  C STIME TTY          TIME CMD
> > root         1     0  0 08:46 pts/1    00:00:00
> > /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/lxc/lxc-init -- ps -ef
> > root         2     1  0 08:46 pts/1    00:00:00 ps -ef
> >
> > (an interactive shell doesn't work - just hangs, I don't use
> > lxc-execute so always forget what is expect to work and what
> > isn't)
> >

> Hangs for me too (on the embedded board). Can you comment on possible root
> cause or workaround so we can investigate. My target application shall need
> stdin, stdout and, possibly, stderr.

Hi Daniel,

can you comment on this by chance?  I frankly don't use lxc-execute, and
I know you know of all sorts of special circumstances surrounding it...
For me,

	cat > lxc.conf << EOF
lxc.utsname = beta
lxc.network.type = empty
lxc.rootfs = /
lxc.aa_profile = unconfined
EOF

	lxc-execute -n foobar -f lxc.conf -- ps -ef

works fine, while

	lxc-execute -n foobar -f lxc.donf -- /bin/sh

hangs - some tty session thing?