[Lxc-users] cgroup question

Kevin Wilson wkevils at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 15:54:49 UTC 2013

Hello,
Thanks a lot for your answer.

I reproduced the problem:
this is what I run: (after boot, in  Ubuntu 12.10)

mount -t tmpfs    cgroup_root    /cgroup

mkdir /cgroup/test1
mount -t cgroup -o cpuset,devices mytest    /cgroup/test1

And I get:
mount: mytest already mounted or /cgroup/test1 busy

shouldn't it work ?

I tried it on Ubuntu.
I was surprised to see that some cgroup contolkers are  mounted
under /sys/fs/cgroup (though it seems to me that this should not cause
a problem). systemd is not running on Ubuntu, I don't have any idea
who
mounted in boot time the /sys/fs/cgroup contollers and for which purpose

mount | grep cgroup
gives:
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup type tmpfs (rw,relatime,mode=755)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset type cgroup (rw,relatime,cpuset)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu type cgroup (rw,relatime,cpu)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuacct type cgroup (rw,relatime,cpuacct)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/memory type cgroup (rw,relatime,memory)
cgroup_root on /cgroup type tmpfs (rw)

Best regards,
Kevin