[Lxc-users] VALE as networking option in LXC

Natale Patriciello natale.patriciello at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 12:28:57 UTC 2013

Hi list,

someone looked into the possibility to add VALE [1] as networking option ?

VALE is a software Virtual Local Ethernet whose ports are accessible using
the netmap API [2], designed to be used as the interconnect between virtual
machines (or as a fast local bus), working as a learning bridge.

A major benefit would be high packet rate (~ 5 Mpps over two qemu machine;
I think could be much more with lxc)

Thank you (please CC me in replies as I'm not subscribed to the list).

[1] http://info.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/vale/
[2] http://info.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/netmap