[Lxc-users] Very odd lxc behavior

David Parks davidparks21 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 12 03:28:35 UTC 2013

Today I saw this.

I had started half the containers when I noticed the problem (not all of
them as the output below suggests).

I stopped them all (which generated some errors, seen at the end).

After stopping them all everything went back to normal and I could start
them all successfully without "strangeness".

root at atlas01:/var/lib/lxc# lxc-list

RUNNING

ls: cannot access testdb1: No such file or directory

ls: cannot access devmyrrix1: No such file or directory

ls: cannot access devsolr1: No such file or directory

  devmyrrix1

  devsolr1

  testdb1

  testmyrrix1

  testsandboxa01

  testsolr1

  testweb1

FROZEN

ls: cannot access testdb1: No such file or directory

ls: cannot access devmyrrix1: No such file or directory

ls: cannot access devsolr1: No such file or directory

STOPPED

ls: cannot access testdb1: No such file or directory

ls: cannot access devmyrrix1: No such file or directory

ls: cannot access devsolr1: No such file or directory

root at atlas01:/var/lib/lxc#

root at atlas01:/var/lib/lxc# lxc-ls

devmyrrix1  devsolr1  testdb1  testmyrrix1  testsandboxa01  testsolr1
testweb1

ls: cannot access testdb1: No such file or directory

ls: cannot access devmyrrix1: No such file or directory

ls: cannot access devsolr1: No such file or directory

testmyrrix1  testsandboxa01  testsolr1  testweb1

root at atlas01:/var/lib/lxc#

#

# When trying to stop the containers

#

root at atlas01:/var/lib/lxc# lxc-stop -n testdb1

lxc-stop: failed to stop 'testdb1': Operation not permitted