[Lxc-users] eth0 not coming online in LXC environment

David Parks davidparks21 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 5 14:39:49 UTC 2013

Interesting discovery. This networking issue only happens on one of 2
servers I now have LXC running on. I tried apt-get update and apt-get
upgrade on the host, no discernible difference. I built them off the same
build doc (which I wrote). I went through it again to see if I missed
anything, but they seem the same (only thing of note in the server build
process would be that lxcbr0 and virbr0 are both disabled, everything else
is vanilla 12.10).

The only other thing that *might* be different that I can think of is that I
did a reboot on the 2nd server to test it, I might have skipped that step on
the 1st one which is exhibiting the problem (I can't reboot it at the moment
because one of the containers is busy for a few days of processing).

Both of these instances have the same LXC containers running, I copied them
from one to the other and updated the config's appropriately.

Dave