[Lxc-users] sudo add-apt-repository command in container

brian mullan bmullan.mail at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 12:46:24 UTC 2013

Recently I had the need to use the add-apt-repository command in some
containers.

But when executing it:

*sudo add-apt-repository ppa:<some ppa>/stable*
*
*
*it fails*
*sudo: add-apt-repository: command not found*

so I made sure python-software-properties was installed:

*sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install python-software-properties*
*
*
*then retried:*
*sudo add-apt-repository ppa:<some ppa>/stable*
*
*
*but it still fails*
*sudo: add-apt-repository: command not found*

Can anyone give me an idea why this is happening or what I can look at?

This was working several months ago last time I tried it on the same
machines w/same OS.

But now on several machines it fails when done in a container (works in
hosts).

All machines are ubuntu 12.10

thanks
brian