[Lxc-users] zfs support

Papp Tamas tompos at martos.bme.hu
Thu Apr 4 14:42:43 UTC 2013

On 04/04/2013 03:54 PM, Serge Hallyn wrote:

> If you want to go ahead and send a full patch against the current
> lxc-clone.in script, that should help me reproduce what you want in
> the api version.

I have limited scripting skills, but I do my best.

> Will the path used as rootfs always be a zfs mountpoint?  (I.e. not a
> subdir?)  If so that'll make it easier to detect zfs mounts
> automatically.

Right now -B btrfs creates a subvolume for $lxc_path/$lxc_name/rootfs.
And earlier in this thread we agreed, that $lxc_path/$lxc_name would be better.

Of course the same for zfs.

So not the rootfs, but the path used as $lxc_name. Yes, you can always assume it's a mountpoint.
If not, it's just ot -B zfs, but something else.. -B dir or whatever is the default.

Cheers,
tamas

ps. Be aware, there can be mountpoints under rootfs, eg.:

zfs create -o mountpoint=/var/lib/lxc/CONTAINER tank/lxc/CONTAINER
zfs create -o mountpoint=/var/lib/lxc/CONTAINER/rootfs/var/mail tank/lxc/CONTAINER/mail

Do you plan to support this case?

Thanks,
tamas