[Lxc-users] Networking fails sporadically in containers on ubuntu server 12.10

David Parks davidparks21 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 3 07:50:17 UTC 2013

It's currently working again with 2 LXC containers, though I can't make out
what I've done to fix it this time (a restart of the whole VM was involved).
Here's the output you suggested:

I’ll take another look at this output when I encounter the problem again.

root at ubuntuserver:~# brctl showstp br0

br0

bridge id              8000.080027ca5f7a

designated root        8000.080027ca5f7a

root port                 0                    path cost                  0

max age                  20.00                 bridge max age
20.00

hello time                2.00                 bridge hello time
2.00

forward delay             0.00                 bridge forward delay
0.00

ageing time             300.01

hello timer               1.86                 tcn timer
0.00

topology change timer     0.00                 gc timer
108.86

flags

eth0 (1)

port id                8001                    state
forwarding

designated root        8000.080027ca5f7a       path cost                  4

designated bridge      8000.080027ca5f7a       message age timer
0.00

designated port        8001                    forward delay timer
0.00

designated cost           0                    hold timer
0.85

flags

veth8c3e7P (2)

port id                8002                    state
forwarding

designated root        8000.080027ca5f7a       path cost                  2

designated bridge      8000.080027ca5f7a       message age timer
0.00

designated port        8002                    forward delay timer
0.00

designated cost           0                    hold timer
0.85

flags

vethBXiUaM (3)

port id                8003                    state
forwarding

designated root        8000.080027ca5f7a       path cost                  2

designated bridge      8000.080027ca5f7a       message age timer
0.00

designated port        8003                    forward delay timer