[Lxc-users] Networking fails sporadically in containers on ubuntu server 12.10

David Parks davidparks21 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 2 14:55:41 UTC 2013

Oooohh, that article helps my understanding immensely, that really sounds
like the problem.

I'm also folding a previous response from Serge that fell off the list by
accident, this all makes sense. I tried to reproduce it again today and
failed, and now I understand what Serge was saying about the mac address
being "too high".

I'll hard code the bridges MAC address to that of eth0 and see how that
goes.

I think that makes sense if the vm bridge's macaddr is being changed.
If only the new container's networking goes down, then that seems less
likely to be the cause.  So I'm actually happy to hear this.

-serge