[Lxc-users] lxc macvlan bridge problem

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Wed Sep 26 19:50:04 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-09-24 at 14:48 +0800, 宣铭艺 wrote:
> Hi guys
> I have a host machine and want to create 3 containers on it.
> Containers should can ping each other,but can't communicate with the host.
> All containers shoud surf the Internet.
> Should I use macvlan bridge mode?And how to set the host's and containers'
> network environment

Geeze, this sounds like an OLD problem.

What distribution and what version?

What version of the kernel?

What version of lxc (which really shouldn't matter - it's a kernel
problem).

I honestly don't know if it's been ever fixed but macvlan use to always
have this problem and I finally threw up my hands and went straight
bridging.  I have not looked back or tested macvlan on any containers
since.

Regards,
Mike