[Lxc-users] when Host OS upgrades its linux kernel .. what happens in LXC containers?

Jäkel, Guido G.Jaekel at dnb.de
Mon Sep 10 07:21:13 UTC 2012

>So what happens with the container's when the Host OS gets an upgrade that includes a new kernel?   Are the containers stil
>reachable, runable, etc?   I guess what I'm asking is what happens?

Dear Brian,

a new kernel will be not become used until you boot the host. From that, after an os upgrade on the host, nothing will change for the moment - neighter for the host nor for the containers.

Of course, before the reboot of the host you might need to upgrade the OS of a container *if* it is incompatible to the new kernel. But for normal update intervals this is very unlikely.

Greetings

Guido