[Lxc-users] Ephemeral disk space redux: adding --overlaydir option to lxc-start-ephemeral?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Sep 7 21:05:33 UTC 2012

On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 1:51 PM, Stéphane Graber <stgraber at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> I have now pushed lxc-start-ephemeral to the github staging branch as a
> python3 script using the new LXC API rather than as a shell script.

Woot!

> I'll add myself a todo item to port your change to the python version.
>
> Looking at it, it shouldn't be too difficult to do, though I'm not sure
> how that option should work when you have more than one overlayfs (when
> you have bind mount entries in the source container's fstab).

Another wrinkle: I have since discovered that badly behaved
client systems can produce overlay directories that are hard to
clean up (e.g. it takes too long to delete the million fifos one left
behind in /tmp), so I may change the script to create a filesytem
using loopback mount on a file.   This is getting kind of complex,
especially the cleanup!
- Dan