[Lxc-users] lxc staging branch on github

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Fri Sep 7 20:47:33 UTC 2012

Hello everyone,

As you probably noticed Serge and I have been trying to keep up with all
the changes going to the lxc-users and lxc-devel mailing lists with some
varying success.

For quite a while now Serge has been maintaining a separate git branch
on github where he'd merge the changes that we're using in Ubuntu and
then regularly ask Daniel to review the branch and merge into the master
branch on sourceforge.

To try and make this all a bit more official, I took ownership of the
lxc project on github at: https://github.com/lxc
We now have an lxc repository at: https://github.com/lxc/lxc

With the main branch being called "staging" and containing what used to
be in Serge's tree.
This should now make it pretty easy to contributors to branch and send
over pull requests.

We'll continue monitoring the mailing-lists and merging the changes
proposed on there as soon as it seems we reached an agreement.

It'd be great if anyone who submitted changes on the mailing-list or
through any other mean could check that their changes are in the staging
tree and if not, re-submit the change so we can include it.

@Daniel: Please let me know if you have a github account so I can add
you to the project admins.

--
Stéphane Graber