[Lxc-users] LXC container templates

TuxRaiderPen tuxraiderpen at wpascanner.com
Wed Sep 5 22:12:52 UTC 2012

On Wednesday, September 05, 2012 11:36:38 Serge Hallyn wrote:
> Quoting TuxRaiderPen (tuxraiderpen at wpascanner.com):
> Right.
>
> The package manager is there to do the setup like you want once you've

The issue boils down to in *my view* template = ready to rock and roll and
*NOT* something I need to tweak that much or at all or learn a bunch of other
programs to use.

My idea of templates is there is a slim template, for which based on what I've
experienced the ubuntu template that -t calls is. *BUT* there doesn't seem to
be any more... other than other versions ie: 11.10, 11.4 etc..

Again my view is that I would -t LAMPServer and theres a template that has
LAMP all ready to go, just pull it down..

No muss no fuss ready to rock and serve! :) Basically it boils down to me
*NOT* having to do all this apt-get install stuff, even if it was automated by
these other tools.. -t should pull down this template create the container and
go... most I do is maybe tweak a few things here and there ie: hostname, TZ
etc..

Like I said I am obviously on a far different page and vision than those here
and the developers, which is normal.

If I can solve my MySQL SSL and Samba mounts issue I would be set.