[Lxc-users] LXC container templates

TuxRaiderPen tuxraiderpen at wpascanner.com
Wed Sep 5 12:35:37 UTC 2012

On Tuesday, September 04, 2012 13:15:59 Dan Kegel wrote:

> How about using a vanilla (jeos-like) template, but then running
> a small shell script for the role in question?
>
> Here's what I do at the moment (later I might rip out the home
> directory sharing):

Thanks... but I guess the problem boils down to *me*......

I am obviously expecting way too much of these templates or I just don't get
the concept, or I am just not on the same page, all of the above, and more...
or something...

So I just took my plain basic test container I setup, cloned it... then...
connected to the container....

sudo apt-get install tasksel

Selected LAMP server and away we goooooooooooooooo!

It seems to me like this is a template that others would want to use and get
going quickly, but again see above...

So I tweaked this all up for things like remote MySQL etc...  just have to
install phpmyadmin and Webmin, Exim, SA, and a ftp server...

One little glitch I seem to have is MySQL SSL.. more on that later....

Again I guess in my theory the templates are there to save me time, but not in
the way I guess others or at least the developers and/or others envision it.

Thanks for the input, and again I guess my view and take on this is just not
the same as others, which is normally the case...