[Lxc-users] lxc-execute-ephemeral-repeatedly ?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Tue Sep 4 19:41:14 UTC 2012

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 2:07 PM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> Well, that was anticlimactic.  Here's the script, for what it's worth.

But wait, there's more.  This script tries to clean up after
itself when you kill it, and it fails miserably.  And after
some investigation, it turns out that lxc-start-ephemeral
also fails miserably if you send it a SIGINT.  Although it
does catch SIGINT and do the right thing, it won't
get the SIGINT until lxc-start ends, and that won't end until
lxc-wait ends, and that won't happen until... somebody stops
the ephemeral machine, which presumably was the whole
reason the SIGINT was sent in the first place.

So, maybe the 'lxc-stop' in lxc-start-ephemeral's cleanup routine is moot!

So much for signals as an exposed interface.  I'm going to
revisit my script now and rewrite it to provide a nicer,
working, way to stop the nested machine and the loop.
- Dan