[Lxc-users] [systemd-devel] Unable to run systemd in an LXC / cgroup container.

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Sat Oct 27 17:51:48 UTC 2012

On Sat, 2012-10-27 at 13:40 -0400, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> /me erasing everything at this point and taking off the systemd crew,
> since this will have no relevance to them...
>
> Testing the hook feature out using git rev (finally got it built)...
>
> I added this line to my config...
>
> lxc.mount.entry=tmpfs /srv/lxc/private/Plover/dev.tmp tmpfs defaults 0 0
> lxc.hook.mount = /var/lib/lxc/Plover/mount
>
> In /var/lib/lxc/Plover/mount I have this:
>
> --
> rsync -avAH /srv/lxc/private/Plover/dev.template/. /srv/lxc/private/Plover/dev.tmp/
> --

> (This is just testing out the concepts.

> If I understand this correctly, lxc.hook.pre-mount runs BEFORE the
> mounting takes place and lxc.hook.mount takes place after the mount.

> Problem is, the result of that rsync is not showing up in the mounted
> tmpfs file system but is showing up in the underlying parent file system
> as if it were run pre-mount.  Something not right here...

I changed it to "lxc.hook.start = /srv/lxc/mount" (where I put the
script in the container) which then works but that then requires the
template and the command to be in the container.  Suboptimal to say the
least.  But it gives me a way to test this tmpfs thing out.

I also noticed that the .start hook runs, it appears, after caps are
dropped and I see a lot of bitching about mknod on certain devices.  I
had to thrown an exit 0 into that script so it would continue in spite
of the errors but, now, I can refine my template based on what it could
create.

> Regards,
> Mike

Regards,