[Lxc-users] systemd inside LXC

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Mon Oct 22 14:37:46 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-10-22 at 09:12 -0500, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> Quoting Serge Hallyn (serge.hallyn at canonical.com):
> > Quoting Michael H. Warfield (mhw at WittsEnd.com):

> > > Hopefully, you've seen the message from Kay Sievers cc'ed to this list
> > > from my post to the systemd-devel list.  Looks like they have a
> > > mechanism in place to do this...
> > >
> > > http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/ContainerInterface
> >
> > Saw the email, haven't yet read the page, thanks.

> So based on that page, what we do (set 'container=lxc') should already be
> sufficient.

For that step yes.  I'm hearing that they also need tmpfs mounted
on /dev, for some reason, and then bind mounting appropriate ttys and
creating devices.  It's mentioned on that page and mentioned in another
reply.  I'm going down the list of mounts that are detailed out now.
Several of those steps (UUID and HOSTNAME) seem optional.

> -serge

Regards,
Mike