[Lxc-users] systemd inside LXC

John lxc at jelmail.com
Sun Oct 21 18:56:43 UTC 2012

On 19/10/12 16:51, Serge Hallyn wrote:

> Add:
>
> lxc.network.type = empty
>
> If you don't have any lxc.network.type sections, then the container
> shares network with the host, and so the container talks to the host's
> systemd.  (same with upstart)

Thanks for the reply, I will try that tomorrow. I am sorry I wasn't
around to check for replies before now. One question though... I
actually want a separate network in the container (hence using veth) so
it has its own address distinct from the host. Are you saying that I
can't do this any more?

I've also read the later replies and they seem to be saying that this
simply does not work (systemd inside a container). Given its
proliferation into other distros (I'm on Arch and that's the reason I am
looking at this now), where does systemd come in the priorities of LXC?

I really hope we can get this working, as LXC has so far worked very
well for me.

Thanks,
John