[Lxc-users] Problems starting OL6.3 lxc container

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Sun Oct 21 09:27:01 UTC 2012

On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 4:23 PM, C. L. Martinez <carlopmart at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> No, problem continues ... I have used this template to create my lxc container:
>>
>> In that I says use the unmodified config file first. For example, it
>> says "lxc.devttydir = lxc" (which you commented out).
>>
>> If you HAVE used the default config file created by the template, but
>> it still doesn't work, you should probably contact the template
>> creator directly (it's on top of the template file) and ask them how
>> to use the template.
>>
>> --
>> Fajar
>
> Yes, I have commented out because when I launch lxc-start, returns me
> this error:
>
>      lxc-start 1350810587.498 ERROR    lxc_confile - unknow key lxc.devttydir
>       lxc-start 1350810587.498 ERROR    lxc_start_ui - failed to read
> configuration file

Looks like an old version problem. Did you know that the staging git
repo on github is newer than released lxc version? I wouldn't be
surprised if you need to recompile lxc -- using sources from that repo
--- to get the template to work.

Personally I just use Ubuntu as the host :) It already supports
devttydir configuration item.

--
Fajar