[Lxc-users] Template for Oracle Linux 6.3

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Sat Oct 20 16:26:38 UTC 2012

On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 8:12 PM, C. L. Martinez <carlopmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  Somebody knows where can I found an Oracle Linux 6.3 template to use
> with a OL6.3 host using UEK2 kernel??

Short answer: No

> Or can I re-use OL5 template??

... and No.

Long answer:
See this thread:
http://www.mail-archive.com/lxc-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg03936.html

You SHOULD be able to customize my centos template for OL (untested).
Start with the line that says "[base]", and change it to OL's public
yum repository.

PS:
(1) it doesn't matter (in lxc template context) whether you use RH's
kernel or UEK2. The container doesn't really need a kernel package
installed (and in most cases, it doesn't care which kernel is
installed, cause it's only used to resolve dependency). What matters
is what kernel you use on the host.

(2) UEK2 is pretty old (3.0+?). If your focus is lxc, you might have
better luck using kernel-ml (http://elrepo.org/tiki/kernel-ml)

--
Fajar