[Lxc-users] Lingering LXC veth interfaces

Ken Caruso ken at ipl31.net
Sat Oct 20 01:29:02 UTC 2012

Hello,

I am using system LXCs on Ubuntu 11.10 (switching to 12.04 soon). I am
managing the LXCs with some home grown scripts(not via libvirtd).

If I lxc-stop a container sometimes the veth interfaces created on the
host do not go away immediately, I believe it is the same thing
described in this thread:

http://www.mail-archive.com/lxc-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg00165.html

Is there an easy way to clean these sockets up manually to force the
deletion of the veth devices?

Does libvirt clean these when LXCs are destroyed or does behave the same way?

Thanks

-Ken