[Lxc-users] lxcbr0 versus virbr0 (Ubuntu)

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at canonical.com
Fri Nov 9 23:58:25 UTC 2012

Quoting Ulli Horlacher (framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de):
> On Fri 2012-11-09 (08:31), Serge Hallyn wrote:
>
> > Since you have a real bridge, it is better to keep using br0.
>
> I have just discovered, that br0 is still available!
> I was in mistake to think only lxcbr0 and virbr0 are choosable.
>

> > In fact, edit /etc/default/lxc to set USE_LXC_BRIDGE="false" to avoid
> > creating lxcbr0 at all.
>
> This is good documented. I found it quick :-)
>
> Is there a comprehensive documentation about Linux bridging in general or
> LXC networking in special?

The ubuntu server guide does have a section on bridging

https://help.ubuntu.com/12.04/serverguide/network-configuration.html
https://help.ubuntu.com/12.10/serverguide/network-configuration.html

as does the community guide

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/NetworkConnectionBridge

lxcbr0 is described briefly in the server guide section on lxc:

https://help.ubuntu.com/12.04/serverguide/lxc.html
https://help.ubuntu.com/12.10/serverguide/lxc.html