[Lxc-users] trouble with remote mounts, ssh and ftp clients from inside container behind private bridge & NAT

Whit Blauvelt whit at transpect.com
Fri Nov 9 23:03:41 UTC 2012

On Fri, Nov 09, 2012 at 02:33:31PM -0800, Dan Kegel wrote:
> > SSH out from the guest consistently fails with a "Host key verification failed"
>
> That might just mean .ssh/known_hosts doesn't have the host in it
> inside the container.
>
> Maybe you want  -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no ...

Oddly,

  # ssh 10.196.58.16  -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no
  Warning: Permanently added '10.196.58.16' (RSA) to the list of known hosts.
  Permission denied, please try again.
  Permission denied, please try again.
  Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,password).

Now, that never got to the point of offering me a password prompt. Those
lines are without any action on my part. In that way it's acting just like
ftp - where ftp offers me a userid prompt but then doesn't offer me a
password prompt either, instead seemingling getting bad password attempts
automatically somehow.

> > mount -o bind /var/lib/lxc/guest/rootfs/mnt/xyz /var/lib/lxc/guest/rootfs/mnt/xyz
> > brings the mount into visibility on the guest.
>
> IIRC, that failed with NFS for me.  You may be lucky you're using CIFS.

You mounted NFS on the host, and then tried to bind it to the guest? Didn't
work?

Whit