[Lxc-users] pivot root failures when "/" is mounted as "shared"

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Sat Nov 3 11:01:16 UTC 2012

Hi guys,

I've been using lxc for a while now, and it's a great tool. Thank you
very much for the time and effort you have been dedicating to the
development of that software!

My Linux distribution (NixOS) is about to switch from upstart to
systemd, and it this switch in the host system is going to break all my
containers. It appears this is a well known problem that's been reported
at

  http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3559833&group_id=163076&atid=826303

and

  https://github.com/lxc/lxc/issues/4.

Now, I wonder what the status of this issue is. Is it clear how that
problem can be remedied? Is there maybe a patch that fixes this problem?
Does anyone know a work-around that I could use to keep my containers
running when that switch to systemd occurs on the host system?

Take care,
Peter