[Lxc-users] Converting existing CentOS 6.x to container within Ubuntu 12.04 - can that be simple?

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Thu Nov 1 22:35:54 UTC 2012

On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 5:30 AM, Whit Blauvelt <whit at transpect.com> wrote:
> I'm thinking the VMware restriction - apparently that it come from a known
> MAC - may be incompatible with using br0. So I guess I have to work out the
> DNAT/SNAT formula, and assign the 2nd IP for the guest on the host level and
> then forward it through.

Think of this from another perspective: other linux virtualizations
(e.g. KVM and xen) also use the same network configuration (bridge to
a physical network device) by default. So while xen (when using PV)
can run under vmware, your particular setup would prevent it from
getting network connectivity too. Just saying that it's not lxc's
fault :)

Having said that, I recall some VPS providers enforcing the same
limitation, so your condition is quite common. Please share whatever
ended up working for you so others can benefit from it as well.

--
Fajar