[Lxc-users] [lxc-devel] [GIT] lxc branch, master, updated. 7f99e339363d9f005c9386f60a1d8c0953c85053

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at canonical.com
Thu Nov 1 21:44:19 UTC 2012

Quoting Michael H. Warfield (mhw at WittsEnd.com):
> On Thu, 2012-11-01 at 21:20 +0100, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> > On 11/01/2012 09:08 PM, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> > > I know, I KNOW this is an 11th hour request.  Can we please get Serge's
> > > autodev stuff into this release?  Please?
>
> > release early, release often?
>
> > just release current git as 0.8.0 now, and the one with the autofoo as
> > 0.8.1 soon after that?
>
> That would be ideal but we've been sitting at 0.8.0rc2 for something
> like 3-1/2 months now.  I know Daniel (the other Daniel, the Daniel) has
> been incredibly busy.  I have no objection to getting this out the door
> as 0.8.0 with a fast bump to 0.8.1 for the systemd stuff, but another
> several months is not good.  Can we get this fast bump?  We'll be
> staring Fedora 18 in the face by then.  The working versions of Fedora
> are no longer in support and we've got more distros adopting systemd.

I think this will end up slated for 0.9.0 (which we're hoping will be
soon), but in any case I went ahead and created a branch at
git://github.com/hallyn/lxc called upstream.nov1.2012.autodev, with
an autodev patch on top of Daniel's latest push.

I quickly tried my hand at fixing the error you had with /dev/ttyN.  I
haven't tested that bit.  I will not be able to be online at all from
now until weekend or monday, so if it needs more tweaks please feel
free to 'just fix it'.

(there are also some todos in the commit msg - if we're going to wait
for 0.9.0 then I can handle those later, and port the patch on top of
the 100 additional patches queued in github.com/lxc/lxc#staging)

-serge