[Lxc-users] Some /dev/dm-* not exists in guest

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at canonical.com
Mon May 21 14:08:47 UTC 2012

Quoting Giovanni Lovato (heruan at aldu.net):
> Thank you serge!
> Yes, I'm able to mknod the devices in the container and then it can use them.
> Why they don't show up automatically like the others?

Are these guests ubuntu 12.04?

See /etc/init/udevtrigger.conf.  It's start-on has 'not-container'.
That is because otherwise every guest you start will cause uevents
for all devices to be resent, which is why for instance sound card
and keyboard settings are often reset.  The proper fix for that is
the devices namespace.  Which we hope to start on soon.

You could remove the 'not container' from your start on, but I think
you're better off simply hand-creating the devices you want.

-serge