[Lxc-users] Static IP from coinfig file?

Johannes Graumann johannes_graumann at web.de
Thu May 17 09:28:24 UTC 2012

Hello,

Provided part of a container's config file looks like this (is there
something wrong/missing here?):
> ## Network
> lxc.network.type                        = veth
> lxc.network.flags                       = up
> lxc.network.hwaddr                      = 00:FF:00:00:00:01
> lxc.network.link                        = br0.tun0
> lxc.network.name                        = eth0
> lxc.network.ipv4                       = 10.10.10.2/24

How does a debian guest's /etc/network/interfaces have to look like such
that the IP is assigned from the config file - or is that even possible
without running a dhcp server on the host?

Currently I'm running
> auto eth0
> iface eth0 inet static
>        address         10.10.10.2
>        broadcast       10.10.10.255
>        gateway         10.10.10.1
>        netmask         255.255.255.0
>        mtu             1500
>        network         10.10.10.2

and have tried "iface eth0 inet dhcp". The latter doesn't work for me and
the former requires editing of guest's interfaces file, which for cloning I
would like to avoid.

Thanks for any hint.

Sincerely, Joh