[Lxc-users] Network interface isolation

Matthijs Kooijman matthijs at stdin.nl
Mon May 14 14:37:54 UTC 2012

Hi Jeetu,

> I would appreciate if someone could shed light as to if this is normal
> and expected behaviour and if so how could I bring about network
> isolation within my container.
AFAIU, this is normal: If you don't configure any networks within the
lxc config file, no network isolation happens and the container shares
the same network stack as the host.

So it should be sufficient to just add network configuration. For
example, to give the container access to (just) the eth0 device:

lxc.network.type = phys
lxc.network.link = eth0

I think these should be sufficient (not using this configuration myself,
though).

Gr.

Matthijs