[Lxc-users] Current status of lxc on ubuntu lucid and red hat 6

Ulli Horlacher framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri May 11 06:52:51 UTC 2012

On Fri 2012-05-11 (02:54), ???? wrote:

> I have tried starting linux container(lxc 0.7.5) on lucid and red hat 6, but both failed (succeeded in ubuntu precise)
> The procedure I used is somehow standard:
> 1 using the lxc-ubuntu(not for red hat 6) script to prepare filesystem and then configuring the network part by hand
> 2 lxc-create -n lxc -f config
> 3 lxc-start -n lxc
> For lucid, lxc-start simpily says "segament fault"

The default Ubuntu 10.04 kernel is too old, I have success with
linux-image-server-lts-backport-natty

See also

http://fex.rus.uni-stuttgart.de/lxc-ubuntu

--
Ullrich Horlacher              Server- und Arbeitsplatzsysteme
Rechenzentrum                  E-Mail: horlacher at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Universitaet Stuttgart         Tel:    ++49-711-685-65868
Allmandring 30                 Fax:    ++49-711-682357
70550 Stuttgart (Germany)      WWW:    http://www.rus.uni-stuttgart.de/
REF: <BLU146-W16470FF2B275D2DA281E85FC170 at phx.gbl>