[Lxc-users] Current status of lxc on ubuntu lucid and red hat 6

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Fri May 11 04:30:17 UTC 2012

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 9:54 AM, 张章 <zhang_zhang at live.com> wrote:
> hello,all
> I have tried starting linux container(lxc 0.7.5) on lucid and red hat 6, but
> both failed (succeeded in ubuntu precise)

If a linux environment has recent-enough kernel and lxc userland
tools, it should work. So if you're willing to manually install both
(possibly compiliing from source), it should work. If it doesn't work,
usualy it's because either one or both component is too old.

That being said, I say don't bother. Seriously.

Just use something that's known to work for your host (e.g. precise),
and use whatever your application needs (lucid, rhel/centos6,
whatever) as guest container.

--
Fajar