[Lxc-users] current status of LXC in Ubuntu precise? (WAS: Problem mounting Host directory in guest)

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue May 8 05:40:42 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 12:28 PM, Serge Hallyn
<serge.hallyn at canonical.com> wrote:
> Quoting Fajar A. Nugraha (list at fajar.net):

>> Hi Serge,
>>
>> Quick confirmation: does this mean that currently the default ubuntu
>> lxc combo (userland, kernel, apparmor, etc) in ubuntu precise is
>> broken, but are being worked on/tested? The bug page still says fix
>> committed, not released.
>
> Right, we're waiting on the next kernel upload.  I don't know when
> that will happen.

Thanks for the confirmation. I was partially confused since my version
is my kernel version is 3.2.0-24-generic, newer than the one mentioned
in the bug, so I thought perhaps that particular bug was fixed
already.

>> Also, a quick test on my setup (ubuntu precise amd64,
>> linux-image-3.2.0-24-generic 3.2.0-24.37, lxc 0.7.5-3ubuntu53) shows
>> freshly created container from templates (e.g. lxc-create -t ...,
>> tested with sshd and ubuntu templates) will fail to start with the
>> same error message that Xavier mentioned:
>>
>> lxc-start: No such file or directory - failed to change apparmor
>> profile to lxc-container-default
>
> I don't get that problem.  Is your host a stock precise image?

yes.

# uname -r
3.2.0-24-generic

# apt-cache policy linux-image-3.2.0-24-generic
linux-image-3.2.0-24-generic:
  Installed: 3.2.0-24.37
  Candidate: 3.2.0-24.37
  Version table:
 *** 3.2.0-24.37 0
        500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise-updates/main
amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

>> Uncommenting this line in the config file (which is commented-out by
>> default) make it work again:
>>
>> lxc.aa_profile = unconfined
>>
>> I'm not sure if the root cause is the same, as this is fresh
>> containers, without any modifications.
>
> Can you add '-l DEBUG -o output' to the lxc-start arguments and
> email me the results?  I've made a few changes today to how the
> apparmor stuff works (which won't make their way through the SRU
> pipeline for a little over a week) but those *should* only affect
> lxc-execute.  On a stock precise image, I've had no trouble with
> lxc-start on freshly created containers...

compressed file attched. This container was created with "lxc-create
-n host1 -t sshd".

--
Fajar