[Lxc-users] Can't start containers

Milan Zamazal pdm at zamazal.org
Sat Mar 31 07:39:18 UTC 2012

    SH> Does /proc/self/mounts on the host change after you successfully
    SH> start the container the first time?

I examined /proc/self/mounts at the beginning and at the end of
/etc/init.d/lxc script.  The only difference is:

  < cgroup /cgroup cgroup rw,relatime,perf_event,blkio,net_cls,freezer,devices,cpuacct,cpu,cpuset 0 0
  ---
  > cgroup /cgroup cgroup rw,relatime,perf_event,blkio,net_cls,freezer,devices,cpuacct,cpu,cpuset,clone_children 0 0

Nothing gets changed in /proc/self/mounts thereafter.

    SH> Can you do 'lxc-start -n test -l DEBUG -o test.debug', twice,
    SH> and send us the resulting test.debug file?

The two debug outputs are attached.  There is no significant difference
in the outputs until the pivot_root call.  Please note that I commented
out the lxc.rootfs.mount option so the mounts happen at default location
rather than in /mnt/lxc reported in my previous message.  My Linux
version is 3.2.0 from Debian testing.