[Lxc-users] can I use lxc-execute to execute an application with network configured

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Mon Mar 19 12:41:41 UTC 2012

2012/3/19 Sam Wang <zhefwang at gmail.com>:
> in my computer,wetherip_forward equals 1,it doesn't work.And lxc-execute
> ping 10.0.15 does work.the edition of lxc is 0.7.4.2 and the host OS is
> centos 6.2 or fedora 16.what'more,I also have tried setting br0 and eth0 in
> promisc mode,which is useless.

It IS possible that your switch only allows one MAC address. In that
case I highly suggest you try with known-good config first, e.g :
- install libvirt (or libvirt-bin), and use the created virbr0. It
should give you an easy-to-use bridge + NAT setup. OR
- see the link I sent earlier, use "Method 1: Using routes".

All I can say is that other than the root and console problem,
lxc-execute kinda work in Ubuntu 12.04.

--
Fajar