[Lxc-users] can I use lxc-execute to execute an application with network configured

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Mon Mar 19 09:58:08 UTC 2012

2012/3/19 Sam Wang <zhefwang at gmail.com>:

> My need is that I want to use lxc-execute to start an application container
> to execute an application which need a unique IP address.

Most applications can bind to a specific IP address only :)

> I have tried using bridge but the application can only communicate to my
> host ,but cann't ping to any other computer.
> can someone help me ?

Others might answer your question about lxc-execute better.

I will, however, suggest you try this since you only want a separate
network namespace:
http://lxc.sourceforge.net/index.php/about/kernel-namespaces/network/configuration/
(choose Method 2: Using ethernet bridges)

It's not exactly what you want (you still need to setup some stuff
manually), but if you're familiar with C it should be possible to
write something to automate the process.

--
Fajar