[Lxc-users] Ubuntu 12.04 linux-container package and init modifications

Kaj Wiik kaj.wiik at iki.fi
Thu Mar 15 16:37:16 UTC 2012

Hi!

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 8:16 PM, Stéphane Graber <stgraber at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> My goal for 12.04 was to make a perfectly clean and standard Ubuntu
> system work in a container without any change whatsoever and I think
> we achieved this:
> http://www.stgraber.org/2012/03/04/booting-an-ubuntu-12-04-virtual-machine-in-an-lxc-container/

I built a container by following the instructions in Stéphane's page
and everything seemed to work very well (well, I had to remove & pin
kernel packages and friendly-recovery) but now I am stuck with
installation of cups.

Here's the error message:
"A package failed to install.  Trying to recover:
Setting up cups (1.5.2-8) ...
apparmor_parser: Unable to replace "/usr/lib/cups/backend/cups-pdf".
Permission denied; attempted to load a profile while confined?
Warning failed to create cache: usr.sbin.cupsd
start: Job failed to start
invoke-rc.d: initscript cups, action "start" failed."

Any ideas? Has anyone managed to run cups in a container built using lxc-create?

Thanks,
Kaj