[Lxc-users] Ubuntu template questions

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at canonical.com
Wed Mar 14 01:37:04 UTC 2012

Quoting Daniel Baumann (daniel.baumann at progress-technologies.net):
> On 03/13/2012 11:05 PM, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> > Once lxc-attach is supported we should do that, yes.
>
> no need to; just look at the debian package.. we're doing that properly
> since long time ago already.

Is that the optional use of lxc-halt, which does chroot $rootfs telinit 0?
That unfortunately won't work with upstart in the host and guest.  (If not
then sorry, I'm being obtuse - but i did look through the lxc-0.8.0~rc1)

What we could do is have an upstart job in the container which listens
for a signal (or fs or network access from the host).

or lxc-attach $container shutdown.

-serge