[Lxc-users] Upgrade distribution

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Wed Mar 7 21:49:00 UTC 2012

2012/3/8 Stéphane Graber <stgraber at ubuntu.com>:
> On 03/07/2012 04:20 AM, Miroslav Lednicky wrote:

>> Is it possible to do upgrade system inside LXC?

> It's "possible" but I wouldn't recommend it until 12.04.
>
> In my experience upgrading will at least require you to umount
> /lib/init/fstab and tty[1234] and console in /dev, otherwise udev,
> mountall and a few others will fail to upgrade.

In my case it was cups and some other packages (forgot which ones).
The workaround was to rename /usr/sbin/invoke-rc.d to something else
(or use dpkg-divert), copy /bin/true to /usr/sbin/invoke-rc.d, then
(depending on what state your machine is on) either run "apt-get -f
install", or "dpkg --configure -a", or re-run the upgrade process.
After that, restore the original invoke-rc.d (or remove the divert).

--
Fajar