[Lxc-users] nilfs

Iliyan Stoyanov ilf at ilf.me
Thu Mar 1 23:39:29 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm currently using btrfs raid 1 for a production server with 4 LXC
containers (SL6.x) on it (old single core opteron w/ 4GB ECC RAM). The
host is Fedora 16. So far I'm really happy with it. I do create
snapshots of mercurial repos frequently with no problems at all. As to
nilfs, my understanding of the Log based FSs points to them being really
useful for something like a high load mail server. I do have this idea
of testing nilfs for a postfix server, albeit NetBSD one. Could you
share some of your observations of the nilfs and why do you think it
could be beneficial for LXC, besides snapshots, as those can be done
with both LVM and btrfs at this point.

--ilf