[Lxc-users] Authoritative CentOS 6.2 template?

István Király - LaKing d250 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 25 20:13:02 UTC 2012

I used the Fedora template with tiny little modifictions, and it worked with CentOS 6.2.

My guide is here: http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=272995

Th relevant part in short:
Thelxc-fedora template can be modified to create CentOs Containers.
Simply run a search and replace, replace "fedora" with "centos" and modify the rpm package name and URL. Line 114.

RELEASE_URL="http://ftp.funet.fi/pub/mirrors/centos.org/$release.0/os/$arch/Packages/centos-release-$release-0.el6.centos.5.$arch.rpm";
rpm --root $INSTALL_ROOT -ivh $INSTALL_ROOT/centos-release-$release-0.el6.centos.5.$arch.rpm

Cheers,...
LaKing at D250.hu

D250 Laboratories
www.D250.hu