[Lxc-users] linkedin

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue Jun 19 21:34:13 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 8:43 PM, Papp Tamas <tompos at martos.bme.hu> wrote:
> On 06/19/2012 03:30 PM, Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) wrote:
>> Hi Papp
>>
>> On 19/06/2012 08:52, Papp Tamas wrote:
>>> I created a group for LXC on linkedin. If I see well, there is no other
>>> group, like this.
>>>
>>> Is a project logo available?
>>> Should an invitation be sent to this list?
>> It's never a good idea to send an invitation from a networking site to a
>> mailing list. Rather post the URL to the group and people can instead
>> visit it if they'd like to join.
>
> What is the difference?

The difference is, many people (like me) when getting at invitation to
linkedin, will simply delete it or mark it as spam. Cause there's just
too many people who sends invitation to everyone in their address
book.

Sending the link, with a personal background message like you did, is
MUCH more polite.

--
Fajar