[Lxc-users] LXC on ubuntu precise and dhclient/net config

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Sun Jun 10 10:16:31 UTC 2012

Please keep cc to the list

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 1:42 PM, Vasiliy Molostov <molostoff at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 3:24 AM, Vasiliy Molostov <molostoff at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> It shouldn't be related to apparmor. It MIGHT be related to bridge
>> forwarding delay though.
>> You didn't say which bridge the containter is connected to. I'd
>> suggest connecting it to lxcbr0 first (should be created already by
>> default).
>
> I have disabled lxcbr0 since br0 already exists and preconfigured.
>
> Also I have disabled dnsmaq since I have already dhcp server running config.
>
> my br0 settings:
>
> auto br0
> iface br0 inet static
>        address                 192.168.0.2
>        gateway                 192.168.0.1
>        network                 192.168.0.0
>        broadcast               192.168.0.255
>        netmask                 255.255.255.0
>        bridge_ports            all
>        bridge_stp              on
>        bridge_waitport         0 all
>        bridge_fd               0
>        bridge_maxwait          0
>
> do you refer to bridge_fd? should I set it to 5?
>
> If the problem isn't related to apparmor or lx*(allow,deny) rules - why I can
> not see login prompt from starting container?

IMHO you made too many changes at once.

Ubuntu precise will NOT display login prompt if it doesn't get any IP
address. At least not until five minutes or so (forgot the exact
time). You can work around that, but that's the default.

Start with small changes:
- use lxcbr0, with its dnsmasq (which should already be configured by
default). If it DOESN'T work, then you either change something (e.g.
kill dnsmasq manually), or something wrong with your container
creation process
- create your own bridge, but still use dnsmasq. You need to change
its command line accordingly (either see current dnsmasq command line,
or see my /etc/network/interfaces example). If that one DOESN'T work,
you know for sure the problem is in your bridge
- create your own bridge, and use your own dhcp server. If that one
DOESN'T work, you know for sure the problem is in your dhcp server.

--
Fajar