[Lxc-users] Epehemral Disk space

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Tue Jul 24 16:38:04 UTC 2012

On 07/24/2012 12:30 PM, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> Quoting Florian Motlik (flomotlik at gmail.com):
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> is there any way to increase the disk size you get when running
>> lxc-start-ephemeral. By default I get only 450 MB, which leads to
>> problems with some projects.
>
> That's odd, overlayfs (and iirc aufs) doesn't impose such a
> limit.  And I don't see it here.  Do you see that output in
> 'df -h .'?  Does either your /tmp or your /var/lib/lxc have a
> shortage of space?

IIRC tmpfs defaults to 50% of your memory, so I'm guessing you probably
have just 1024MB of memory on that machine (with a bit of it assigned to
the video card).

The amount is configurable when mounting tmpfs, though setting it to
more than 50% can be quite dangerous.

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer