[Lxc-users] Remedy for centos base installation failing operations on /sys?

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Mon Jul 23 08:54:21 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 3:40 PM, Johannes Graumann
<johannes_graumann at web.de> wrote:
> Thanks for your hints ... I have investigated this some more and the problem
> is that "filesystem" actually get's installed via the host, but once the
> guest is running it is missing the yum data base on what is installed and
> what not, so any installation afterwards that has the dependency
> "filesystem" is reinstalling it (among many other things).

Not on my setup. I can remove "filesystem" just fine and still have a
working system. This is RHEL6 btw.

=============================================================================================================================================
 Package                 Arch             Version
Repository
Size
=============================================================================================================================================
Removing:
 filesystem              x86_64           2.4.30-3.el6
@updates                                                          0.0
Removing for dependencies:
 basesystem              noarch           10.0-4.el6
@anaconda-RedHatEnterpriseLinux-201009221801.x86_64/6.0           0.0
 dracut                  noarch           004-256.el6_2.1
@updates                                                          232
 dracut-kernel           noarch           004-256.el6_2.1
@updates                                                          202
 kexec-tools             x86_64           2.0.0-209.el6
@updates                                                          655

Transaction Summary
=============================================================================================================================================
Remove        5 Package(s)

Well, "working" for a container anyway, as a native system needs
dracut for initramfs.

> Is it possible to
> transplant the yum state information to the guest - rsyncing the
> corresponding /var/cache directory to the guest does not seem to do the
> trick ...

Usually it's simply a matter of removing /var/lib/rpm/__db*, which
should be recreated automatically next time you run rpm/yum. It's the
same case during some OS upgrades.

--
Fajar